Back to Open Positions
.NET Web Software Engineer
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA
Are you in pursuit of a software engineering career? Do you want high-level input into the projects you work on? And is it important that those projects have significance and longevity? If so, AP Logic may be your next career move.
Salary of $70,000 - $85,000, DOE, plus healthcare & 2 weeks paid vacation and flexible scheduling
AP Logic is looking for an engineer who is detail oriented, creative and analytical to help our team produce cutting edge web/mobile sites and applications for clients. You’ll be expected to problem-solve, considering many variables and possibilities at a high level while executing and producing details at a lower level. We expect you to know and use best practices. However, the ideal candidate will also be willing to challenge convention and propose unique solutions when called upon to do so.
- Server-side development of new web applications, primarily using the .NET Framework
- Update and maintain existing web applications
- Design, build, manage, and support MS-SQL databases
- Collaborate with others in small teams, with significant periods of “solo” time to think and execute, in between strategy and tactical team meetings
- Work on projects that typically last 4-12 months
- Handle 3 projects at a time – typically, you’ll be focused on one larger project with some peripheral support for a few others
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd-party components & APIs such as eCommerce or CMS platforms, payment gateways, outside web services, data providers, etc.
- Maintain project timelines and update estimates for work required to complete milestones
- Occasional UX engineering work as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience working in ASP.NET & MS-SQL
- VB.net & C#
- Familiarity with VS2010+
- Experience with Web Forms & MVC
- AJAX coding
- Demonstrated ability to use SQL Server & IIS
- Ability to analyze business requirements, and analyze potential solutions, including hybrids, platforms, code libraries, etc
- Knowledge of secure development standards & practices
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated ability to work well on a team
- Willingness to experimemt
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and desire to develop & test
- Organized; enjoy the details
- Ability to “emotionally disconnect” and clearly express problems to business leaders when confronted with impossible requests or assumptions about how easy or simple things should be.
- Can handle changes in direction, even if it’s not easy or exactly clear, at first